Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm going to Spain!!

At exactly 6:40am tomorrow morning I am going to our Mid-Year conference in Nerja, Spain! This is a conference for all the STINTers in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. I will be there for one week attending talks, sharing stories of what God is doing in this area of the world, and enjoying sunshine and the beach!

Please pray for safe and uncomplicated travel, for encouragement and relaxation for everyone attending, and that we will receive new ideas to better our ministry in Athens!

In other news...

We had another party at our Steki on Friday night and had 17 students attend! An all-time record! We played games, ate snacks, enjoyed each other's company, and tried to talk about God whenever possible, if the time arose. It is fun to see the students we have met meet and talk with one another. They are starting their own friendships that we pray will grow into a ministry of Christian believers in God's timing. Please pray for continued fellowship!

Also, last week our team took a trip up to Kalavrata, a city rumored to have snow AND skiing. We all had our doubts. Snow in Greece?? Really? Well, we were gladly proved very wrong and spent a day enjoying the beauty of snow-covered mountains. Here are some pics to distort any preconceived notions you might have had about sunny, sandy Greece...



This one I just added to comemorate the first visit to my favorite store and home-away-from-from for three years of my life. I went shopping with Paul and Catherine on the first day of "Sale Season" and this was our first stop...I just had to take a picture :)

2 comments:

John said...

oh, jealous.
You must hug Kari for me.

The Neelys said...

How pretty! I am so glad that you got to see some snow :) OH the Gap...It will never be the same without you!