Monday, November 10, 2008

"Christ-Bearer"

A couple weeks ago I met a freshman girl named Christina. While I was at a coffee shop with a group of Greek students, she met up with the group late and ended up sitting next to me. I wish I could say we had an amazing spiritual conversation, but that was not the case. We talked mostly of shopping and her boyfriend, but she did mention she was fearful of a lot of things in life. I had the opportunity to tell her of a time God delivered me from fear in my own life. She seemed genuinely intrigued and I knew I wanted to meet up with her again.

When putting her number in my phone I had to list her as "Christina Mill," for I had met her at Millennium Cafe. I also had 3 other Christina's in my phone, all with their own small descriptions. I have decided this is the semester of Christina's!

Sunday afternoon we were able to meet up at Starbucks (both of our favorite places to get coffee...my chai tea latte was especially good that day!) I had prayed the Spirit would lead our conversation and that God would be brought up in a natural way. We began to discuss normal things, and she asked why I chose to come to Greece. I had the opportunity to tell her that I prayed and asked God where he wanted me to go and felt he had led me here. "To meet me!," she responded (if only she knew!). She was blown away that I actually prayed and read my bible, saying she didn't know anyone who did those things. She later said "maybe I need to start reading the bible too." I also asked if she would want to get together and discuss scripture and she enthusiastically agreed, adding, "that would be something very new for me." I can see that she is searching for more meaning in life and was so thankful that God revealed Himself to her through me.

I love that the name Christina means "Christ-Bearer." My prayer is that she would be a bearer of Christ and that God would use her to reveal himself to others! Please pray for her and the other Christina's I have met. Pray their hearts and minds would be opened and that they would continue to see Christ shine through my own life. Thanks!

5 comments:

Kimberly Wootten said...

I am just so incredibly amazed and awed at how God is using us in so many different places and in such different ways. He is so good to us... praying for you.

Justus said...

Glad you are still doing awesome!

The Neelys said...

That's so great, Paigie! The Lord is definitely using you there!

Anonymous said...

Wow- I'm so glad that small coffee night has transformed into talks of reading the Bible! That's so neat! I will certainly pray for "Christina Mill" :)
I also read your previous 2 posts before this one- what a clever idea about the election website leading to Christianity sites. Oh and I enjoyed reading about the many speedo-bearing men in Nafplio. I keep wanting to say Napoli (Italy) when I see that word. hehe
Love you Paigie and wish I was there with you watching you in action and touring Greece!

Anonymous said...

Oops, the above post was from me. I forgot to put my name on there and I don't know if I can edit my comment once I've published it. I realize my AIM name doesn't give away who I am very easily! Sorry! -Virginia :)