I just thought I would share some sites that have additional articles about the riots and the situation here in Greece if anyone is interested in reading. Here are the links, along with some highlights:
CNN News
BBC News
Reuters
The view of a student:
"The government wanted us to postpone this protest, but they are the ones who have to do something to stop this violence and to improve the quality of our lives," said one demonstrator, drama student Kalypso Synenoglou.
The view of the government:
"The rioters, with their acts, once again, demonstrated that the only thing that inspires them is the destruction," the prime minister said in a statement. "They have targeted social peace, the rule of law, and democracy itself. That is why they are isolated."
The hope of everyone:
"The city wants a smile, it wants hope. We will provide it, because this must be Athens' fate," the mayor said in a statement. "We will defend its history, its cultural heritage, the fortunes of our fellow citizens and, above all, human lives."
I still have not seen any of the damage, but last night was supposed to be the worst. We are all hoping and praying that everything is on the decline now...I'll keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment