
On Monday we started our first session, then helped a fellow Athens ministry, Hellenic Ministries (HM), serve a "Love Meal" to refugee and the homeless. This is something we have been trying to participate in all semester, and were finally about to help with! HM serves the needy of Athens every Monday night, while sharing something from God's word...translated in 3-4 languages! This week, our very own Paul Wheatley shared with over 200 hungry people about Christ's unconditional love and acceptance (pictured right)
We also had two Greek girls, Verawee and Anna (pictured with Catherine sorting out/trying on donated clothing), join us in serving the refugees. One of our goals in helping serve Love Meals, is to bring unbelieving Greek students with us to see the love of Christ displayed in a practical way. It was such a blessing from the Lord to have them with us, and I enjoyed getting to know them in a different environment than on campus. They have already expressed interest in God...please pray that interest would continue and they would be convinced of Christ's love for them!
We ended the night eating authentic Chinese food in a small restaurant nearby! I have been craving Chinese since arriving in Athens, and this definitely satisfied! I loved spending time with my team serving others and in fellowship with each other.
Please Pray:
-For the rest of our Staff Training: that we will learn more about ourselves and how we can become more effective in ministry.
-For a game night we have tomorrow night...that many students will come and we will be able to build deeper connections with them!
-For Verawee and Anna...that their interest in God will grow and that Christ will satisfy their hunger for Him!
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me... 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' " (Matthew 25:35-40)

No comments:
Post a Comment