Thursday, April 9, 2009

Marvelous Meteora!

A couple of weeks ago Amy J kindly offered her car and driving services to Marta and I for the 3 of us to take a road trip to Meteora, a city about 4 hours north of Athens. This is a place I had been wanting to see for awhile after hearing how beautiful it is from others who had gone. I have to say though that no pictures or descriptions could describe how absolutely breathtaking the landscape actually was. Formations of rock stretch like towers to the sky with old, stone monestaries and nunnaries built on the tops as if trying to reach toward God himself.

Here are just a few pictures, that sadly don't do the place justice, for you to get a small glimpse of this amazing place:


(Marta overlooking one of the monasteries)

3 comments:

Kimberly Wootten said...

part of me wants to become a monk (though i know i can't) and live there... oh how wonderful that would be.

The Neelys said...

Pretty! Thanks so much for the postcard :) I just got it yesterday! See you in a week!!

John said...

post!