SUMMER PROJECT 2009 has arrived!! We had 38 people arrive in Athens last night to begin their 5 weeks of ministry on the college campuses in the city. It was pretty overwhelming to get onto the charter bus from the airport with almost 40 extra people than when we arrived. I officially felt like I was part of a tour group in a city I lived for 9 months. The next few days will consist of touring them around Athens, introducing them to the campuses and beginning training for ministry. As busy and tiring as the days ahead will be, I am also excited to see that God has brought SO many people to be witnesses for His name in Athens. I can't wait to see what new relationships will start and to see how God is going to use these students to proclaim the Gospel to the college students of Greece! I think big things will happen this summer!
Things to pray for:
-Great community and relationships in and between the 2 teams that are here (one from Grace Bible Church in College Station and one from Crusade).
-For encouraging experiences on campus for these students...that God will lead them to Greeks He has already prepared for them to meet.
-That this summer will really get the "Agape Greece" name out on campus and that Greeks will know why our organizations exists and will begin to get involved!
-For Greek students to hear and understand the Gospel and will commit their lives to Christ and follow Him for a lifetime!
Thanks for your prayers and I'll be sure to update more on the excitement and adventures of this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear about everything with the people from summer project :)
Post a Comment