Thursday, May 21, 2009

My time in HPA (aka USA) and since...

Well, again it's been awhile since my last update, and lots has happened in the past few weeks. During the second week of our break I had the opportunity to go home for my friend Lindsay's wedding! I have known Lindsay since we were 3 years old and it was so great to be there for her special day. She looked absolutely stunning and I am so happy that she has found someone so great to spend her life with. She looked incredibly happy! I stole this pic from her photog's facebook, but isn't it wonderful?

During my time home I also got to see my amazing friends in College Station and Austin, and got two special visits from Courtney in Houston and Margaret in San Antonio! I don't think I realized how much I had missed the relationships I have at home until I got to see them all again after so long. Its just so great to feel known and to be able to converse so easily! (without language barriers!!) The time was so refreshing and I am so blessed to have that little slice of home in my year here.(I was so glad to go to Blue Baker AND Fritella...two great CS staples!)

Since being back everything has been in full swing. I met up with my Greek friends who I hadn't seen in over 2 or 3 weeks since Easter. Some of my friends still seem very interested in spiritual things and I am going deeper in my friendships with them. Other girls have been harder to get in touch with and don't seem as interested in Agape or spiritual things at all. So just pray that God will draw them to himself or for new contacts who want to experience God in their lives!

Spring in Greece is not complete without a trip to an island, so I managed to fit that into my schedule as well. Our friend, Erin, who is stinting in Spain came for a weekend and and visited the beautiful island of Paros. I feel like I stand in awe of God's amazing every time I see a Greek island. They are ablsolutely breathtaking. We soaked up some rays, admired the white-washed walls, and just did nothing for 2 days on the beach. It was perfect.
(We got teeny tiny ice cream cones that were delicious)

Some prayer requests are:
-That preparation for the Summer Project goes well...they arrive on the 27th of May.
-For the health of our team in the next week as things start getting really busy.
-For my friends Carolina and Eleni who have the most spiritual interest of any of the girls I know...that God would really reaveal himself to them and increast their faith!

Thanks so much...I appreciate all who read this!!

1 comment:

The Neelys said...

It was SO great to see you in Texas! Can't wait for you to return for good :) And I love that picture from Lindsay's wedding. So pretty!