Monday, September 22, 2008

American, Philippino, French and Greek!

Well, yesterday and today were very multicultural days in Athens. Yesterday (Sunday) was probably my favorite day so far actually. It started with a trip to Starbucks with Marta (my wonderful roommate). It was like a little piece of home here in Athens:) Sadly my coffee was super bitter, but time with the Lord was wonderful. I will frequent that place often.

We then headed to church-an international church lead by an American pastor. There were a little over 100 people probably and lots of people from the Philippines. It was so great actaully and so different from the 98% white middle-class american mega churches I am used to. At the fellowship had we at the most amazing rice cake pastries...seriously, I wanted to take the box home. So...if anyone knows a recipe for those, please send it my way!!

Today was a lot of planning with a little guitar hero thrown in :) We also had "salty" crepes for lunch and a "sweet" crepe for dessert...it felt very french.

I am looking forward to learning more about this culture and all the other ones that are mixed in here! Language class starts in a couple weeks, so I'll be including some Greek words soon!

Well, it is POURING down rain here and I have to make the treck up to my apartment to watch the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (I thought it was appropriate)...Good night for now!

5 comments:

Kimberly Wootten said...

I love these adventures! I fully understand the Starbucks thing... :)

Christi said...

Paige! You have a blog! And... you are in Greece!?!?!?! What!!! How amazing... I wish I knew you were leaving for a year! :-( I'm excited to read about all this though. How awesome. I'm praying for you too! We can be blogging friends:)

Justus said...

Paige, hope you are dominating Greece! love the blog and hope to follow your progress! praying for you!

Becky Rabb said...

dhave you seen sisterhood II?? Im SO lena right now! i am in a nude drawing class... with a beautiful black man as our model. lol... yikes

CEH said...

paigy,
love the blog! can you please add me to your "shared adventures" link? i want my blog to get some attention too :) misssss you!