Today was the first day on the University of Athens campus and we met some wonderful students already. It's amazing that you can talk to someone for about 5 minutes here, and then ask for their phone number to get coffee later...if they don't ask you first. They are such welcoming people who truly value community (and coffee). We start our normal schedule on Monday when classes start, when we will meet as many students as possible! Keep those prayers coming!
Yesterday was a great day as well, so I thought I would share about that too:
We drove about an hour and a half to a campsite run by Hellenic Ministries, another Christian ministry organization in Athens that runs about 8 camps at their site during the summer. We helped them lay Astroturf for soccer (or should I say football) field they are putting in. Yes, I wore work gloves and rolled Astroturf over dirt and rocks for a good part of the morning and afternoon (Kimbo you would be so proud!) The team there is wonderful, and I look forward to working with them more this summer...I'll keep you updated on some of their ministries as well!

This was the view on the way out to the site...it looked even more amazing in person.
This the astorturf field that was laid...not quite done, but it was an empty field before.

Part of the team of the little boat ride away from the campsite!
I added this one so you can see the stray/communal cat in the corner :)
Another boat on the water...just thought it looked so peaceful.
Well, we are going to Corinth tomorrow!! Read Acts 18 if you'd like...I did today! Bye for now!


3 comments:
Yes! I got a shout out! and... I am proud of you. It looks like yall laid a lot of turf. And we have the same problem with animals here. :/
ditto with the animals here in Asia...they're taking over! Athens looks really amazing
yay you're in greece! i'm so excited for you, and i miss you! here's my blog in case you ever want to read it =)
http://laurenalicia.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment