The next 3 hours of class consisted of me frantically writing everything she wrote onto a notepad with an occasional smile and nod when she looked my way :) I have officially regressed to kindergarten with homework consisting of copying letters multiple times and sounding out words. Also, for anyone who thinks they know the Greek alphabet, you don't. I was pretty sure my knowledge of Greek letters would put me a step ahead on the first day...but that was not the case. For example, to all my Pi Phi friends, the sorority you pronounce as "Pie Beta Phi" is actually "Pee Veeta Phee". I'm thinking of writing to Panhellenic Council and telling them to
properly instruct students on the Greek language...we should really know these things :)Anyway, I thought this might make you appreciate your A&M classes for those of you still there. I did take a first day of school picture, which is always a must!! (as you an see to the left)
So...if you happen to remember while you are hating work, or struggling in school...it could be worse...so pray for me!!
I have faith that this will be a learning, growing, and humbling experience :) I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress.
Γιασας! (Yassas!)

4 comments:
Pee Veeta Phee?? haha that's hilarious! What's kappa? Hang in there :)At least when you return the US, you will be very cultured! Good luck this week at your Greek classes!
first day of school pictures = the bomb.com ... i have a fond affection for taking them. love you.
¡Bienvenidos a idiomas nuevas!
Don't worry... it gets better, especially with a ton of practice. Praying for you guys.
Uh oh...they're already leading you astray over there...perhaps I should come and tell them about pi phi. and does that mean they don't know about the other pie (such as apple or cherry) either?!?! miss you pej.
Post a Comment