Two nights ago I was in bed and had woken up a couple times throughout the night. Around 5:15am I awake to my body swaying from side to side for a couple of seconds. I wait, unmoving for a few more minutes and feel this same sensation a second time. I wasn't sure if my exhaustion and lack of comprehension at that time of night had gotten the best of me, or if the earth was actually moving (I did have visions of my bed shaking and moving across my bedroom floor though). That morning I found out there had in fact been a small tremor! So, my first earthquake experience occurred and unfortunately is only the beginning...I also got to ride on a scooter for the first time today! I'm happy to say it's not nearly as scary at it looks and there is truly no better place to be than Athens for a scooter ride :) I'll be sure to take a pic next time!
Also, thanks for everyone who prayed after my last post! We had 8 people at "Mythos and Truth" (our tuesday night outreach) this week! We doubled our numbers! We also ran into 2 girls who were met last year and over the summer while walking on campus Tuesday...both of which mentioned they had been thinking about God and what students had talked to them about months before. Today we met 3 new amazing freshman girls and re-met with Christina and Georgia (who I mentioned in a previous post.) God has truly been faithful this week!

I thought I would share a pic of Marta and I eating our favorite dessert at IKEA (of all places). The warm, gooey chocolate brownie with ice cream. 1.30 euros of pure bliss!
Prayer Requests:
-Marta and I have both had trouble sleeping at night for awhile now. Pray for good rest so we can be awake and alert during the day!
-For continued ease following up with students we have met.
-That God would give us direction concerning who to initiate conversations with while on campus.
-Marta and I have both had trouble sleeping at night for awhile now. Pray for good rest so we can be awake and alert during the day!
-For continued ease following up with students we have met.
-That God would give us direction concerning who to initiate conversations with while on campus.

3 comments:
You're having trouble sleeping? Maybe it's because you left Coconut at home! Your parents should mail him to you except I'm sure that would cost quite a few euros!
That ice cream brownie thing looks delicious :)And I am so glad that the number of students doubled that came Tuesday night-that is amazing! Have a great night! Hopefully there will be no more tremors coming your way!
Paigy! it all sounds so exciting. can't wait to hear more. C.Rob & I want to Skype SOON!
WOW...A scooter ride? Were you wearing a helmet?
Post a Comment