The city was a quaint and old, with beautiful buildings, tons of shops and cafes, mountains AND the ocean. A couple highlights were eating a picnic lunch by the beach (although old men in speedos were abundant), climbing 1000 steps to "storm the castle" at the top of the hill overlooking the city (we found a few secret passageways and explored for over an hour), eating at a small cafe on the street, and finally ending the night with gelato and people-watching on the square!
Our hotel was less than extraordinary, but was apparently the "best budget option" in the city...let's just say I thought I heard a mouse or animal of some kind under may bed...but an experience non-the-less!
We awoke the next morning to eat the best bougatsa pastry EVER and even made it back in time for church. The trip was wonderful, but increased my desire to travel around Greece and see more than just Athens. Here are some pics of the lovely place...enjoy!



Prayer Request:We have a retreat this weekend with the other campus ministry up in ThessalonĂki. Pray for safe travel, and that God would stir in the hearts of the students there to go to the world (or even just to other areas of Greece) with the Gospel!
Thanks!

3 comments:
Those views are so pretty! I'll definitely have to visit that place someday :)
How did you sleep with a mouse under your bed?! haha I can just imagine!
So funny about the men in Speedos- when I was in Cinque Terre, Italy there were a ton of old men in Speedos. Must be a European thing!
Might as well pray for the world. God has a funny way of doing outlandish stuff with unlikely people. He loves us like that.
Post a Comment